Frequently Asked Questions

Utah’s Invisible Condition Alert Program is a voluntary program that allows a person with a qualifying physical or mental condition to have a decal placed on a driver’s license or ID card. For more information, please click below.

Roots Counseling offers Emotional Service Animal (ESA) letters. We charge a $125 fee for ESA letters. Give our front desk a call for more details.

The first signs of depression can be feeling sad, empty, and hopeless more often than not for at least two weeks. Depression can also present itself as diminished pleasure and interest in day to day activities. Depression may also show through sleep difficulties, psychomotor agitation or retardation, fatigue and loss of energy, feelings of worthlessness, difficulty concentrating, and so forth. If this is something you think you may be struggling with, our therapists at Roots Counseling may be able to help. For more information, please click below.

Coping can be shown in many different ways. A person may cope with depression through isolation, substance use, overspending, pornography consumption, video gaming, anger, humor, etc. Ultimately, not just coping with depression, but all difficult emotions, an individual may present a behavior (that can be in excess, healthy, or not) which can numb, deflect, and shove down adjustments and possible traumas occurring in present-day living or that have occurred in the past.

Besides depression, anxiety is one of the most common reasons a person may look into counseling. Symptoms of anxiety can be difficulty controlling worry which leads to restlessness, feeling keyed up, becoming easily fatigued, difficulty concentrating, irritability, muscle tension, and sleep disturbances. If you’re struggling with these symptoms and have experienced impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of your life, our therapists at Roots Counseling can help. For more information, please click below.
Trauma can be treated with many different therapeutic interventions. A well-known treatment is Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). There are many other wells to treat such a disorder; Written Exposure Therapy (WET), talk therapy, brain spotting, etc. If you have experienced a traumatic event and would like to receive psychotherapy treatment, Roots Counseling’s therapists are here to help. For more information, please click below.

When we look at anger, it tends to be a secondary emotion that is covering up a more sensitive primary emotion or even traumatic event (sadness, anxiety, grief, abuse, etc.). To stop being angry can take many steps and a deeper understanding of oneself. Roots Counseling’s therapists are here and able to work with and help you find that understanding and overcome your anger.

DBT stands for Dialectical Behavioral Therapy and works by focusing on skills training which include mindfulness, emotion regulation, interpersonal effectiveness and distress tolerance. These four components are the key to successfully implementing this modality in one’s day to day life. For more information, please click below.
EMDR stands for Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing. It is a mental health treatment technique and method which involves moving your eyes a specific way while you process traumatic memories. EMDR’s goal is to help you heal from trauma or other distressing life experiences. For more information, please click below.

The short answer is, YES. Couples therapy has proven to help those in relational or marital discord. An important part to understand when attending couples therapy is, that counseling is only 10% of the work. The other 90% needs to be done outside of the therapy room. 

All relationships have struggles in one way or another. An important first step is to assess whether the struggle brings severe enough conflict to where intervention may be appropriate. To help a struggling marriage or intimate relationship, we need to understand what is influencing the struggle. We need to pinpoint the problem(s) influencing the struggle and work on joining back together to solve the problem. Part of this is through the application of open and healthy communication. Understanding one’s upbringing can also bring clarity to each individual within the relationship to better see how each side brings its own unique differences together. There are many ways to help a struggling marital/intimate relationship. If you and your partner are seeking help, Roots Counseling is here to assist you in your journey.

Yes. Click below to learn more about what a Sliding Fee Discount Program is and how it may apply to you.

Questions Unanswered?

Contact us today at (435) 233-2240 or email us at

Scroll to Top